This information packed 3.25-hour workshop, will take you through the basics of soapmaking as I share with you my favourite, super-moisturising, vegan, palm oil free soap recipe.
No experience is necessary and all materials, safety gear and tools are supplied.
You will get to take home :
· Your beautiful, skin friendly loaf of soap which cuts into 7-8 bars ($50+ value)
· The recipe used in class
· A timber mould
· Some safety gear
PLUS all instructions and a resources list so you can recreate the process at home!
There is also the option of purchasing a kit of tools with everything you need to create soap safely at home without having to use your kitchen utensils.
You will learn :
· The magical chemical reaction that takes place during the soapmaking process and how a bowl of pure oils transforms into a bar of beautiful soap
· All about oils and luxury butters
· How to use natural household additives to add colour and character to soap such as dried flowers, coffee grounds, activated charcoal, zinc, etc
· How to use mica to colour your soap
· The use of essential oils and fragrances in soap
You choose the type of soap you will make…
Either a completely fragrance and colour-free pure soap or a sweetly fragranced, brightly coloured creation, or somewhere between. The choice is yours!
We use only the finest quality products, and cosmetic and skin-safe grade additives, if you choose to use them. No ingredients are tested on animals. They are all responsibly sourced, vegan and palm oil free.
The perfect formula for a fun and rewarding afternoon.
Your materials provided for the workshop will be :
· Oils – olive, coconut, castor, rice bran, canola
· Luxury butters - shea butter, cocoa butter
· Ingredients - lye and distilled water
· Pure essential oils or fragrance oils - of your choice
· Colourant - of your choice (natural or processed)
· Equipment – all is supplied…soap mould, scales, stick blender, full safety gear, apron etc.
· Hand-out – the recipe, instructions and further information, references and resources.
· Optional – a take-home kit using the same tools as used in class (basic or deluxe)