This information packed 3 hour workshop, will take you through the basics of soapmaking and I share with you my favourite, super moisturising, vegan, palm oil free soap recipe.
No experience is necessary, and all materials, safety gear and tools are supplied.
You will get to take home –
· Your beautiful, skin friendly loaf of soap (to cut into 8 thick bars – $50+ value),
· the recipe used in class,
· a timber mould,
· some safety gear,
· plus all instructions and a resources list, so you can recreate the process at home.
There is also the option of purchasing a kit of tools, with everything you need to create soap safely at home without having to use your kitchen utensils.
You will learn –
· The magical chemical reaction that takes place and how a bowl of pure oils transforms into a bar of beautiful soap.
· About oils and luxury butters
· How to use natural household ingredients such as flowers, coffee grounds, activated charcoals, zinc, etc., to colour soap
· How to use mica to colour soap
· The essential oils and fragrances you can add.
You choose the type of soap you will make…
Either a completely fragrance and colour free pure soap or a sweetly fragranced, brightly coloured creation, or somewhere between. The choice is yours.
We use only the finest quality products and cosmetic and skin safe grade additives if you choose to use them. No ingredients are tested on animals, are responsibly sourced, vegan and palm oil free.
The perfect formula for a fun and rewarding afternoon.
Your materials provided for the workshop will be :
· Oils – olive, coconut, castor, rice bran, canola
· Luxury butters - shea butter, cocoa butter
· Ingredients - Lye and distilled water
· Pure essential oils or Fragrance oil - of your choice
· Colourant - of your choice (natural or processed)
· Equipment – all is supplied…soap mould, scales, stick blender, full safety gear, apron etc.
· Hand-out – the recipe, instructions and further information, references and resources.
· Optional – a take-home kit using the same tools as used in class. (Basic or deluxe)
Activated charcoal detox soap, ready for the cut.